Obviously, you will not need the same equipment if you plan a solo mountain trekking as if you are planning a family vacation at a mountain or beach camping. In the first case, aspects such as the lightness of the equipment and protection against cold or rain will prevail, while in the second case, comfort will be more important.
Sleeping Camping Equipment
- Tent. It is an essential element when you think about what to bring camping. You must take into account the number of people who are going to use it and whether or not you need extra space to store things inside the store. For two people, there are very light and easy to assemble models that can adapt to almost any situation and climate. In any case, today, you can find reliable and quality backpacking cot tent for all kinds of requirements and budgets.
Keep in mind not to forget about the pegs, sticks, and rods needed for assembly. It is also very useful to carry a hammer to drive the pegs.
- Sleeping bag. It is another basic equipment to take to camping. To choose it, you must especially take into account the outside temperature or the time of year, and there are models for all needs.
- Inflatable bed. If you want to enjoy maximum comfort and you can afford the extra weight they are, inflatable beds are an excellent option. In this case, you may need an electric inflator. You also have self-inflating mats that take up very little space.
- Pillow. For greater comfort, it is highly recommended to choose a pillow that adapts to your way of sleeping; to occupy less space, we can always find inflatable pillows.
Especially for a family vacation, kitchen equipment is a staple for a good camping experience. In any case, you must adapt it to the space you have and the number of people traveling.
- Gas camping
- Small fridge
- Kitchen accessories: pot, frying pan, plates, glasses, and cutlery. For short excursions, it may be sufficient to carry a lunch box.
- Lighter: Although it is one of the necessary items to take to a camping site, you must always be careful with them, especially in the driest environments!
- Garbage bags. It is essential to collect all our waste and leave the camping site in the same conditions in which we found it.
- Bottle of water. Proper hydration is vital to have a good camping experience, especially in cases of high temperatures or if we make excursions on foot.
- Insect repellent or citronella candles, especially in summer and in hot and humid areas. It is one of the accessories that we do not remember when we think about what to take camping
- Walking sticks. For hikes on rugged terrain, or just for comfort, a good pair of hiking poles can make your life easier.
- Sun cream. Sun protection is essential to protect us from dangerous ultraviolet radiation, especially on the beach or in the mountains. Keep in mind that even with the cloudy sky, it may be necessary to apply sunscreen.
- Toilet paper
- Photo camera
- Dehydrated foods
- Mobile phone and charger. If you anticipate that you will not have access to the electricity grid every day, it may be advisable to bring a portable battery to recharge your mobile.